Pompis work is the mystical force of nature. Life, its flow, its love. Each landscape is born from the power of connection and meditation with the environment. Ecology, awakening universes within its powerful force invokes the inner being and its poetic unfolding in nature.
Her creative development is crossed over the search for images that allow reflection on nature - human relationship.
Photograph, create, think, illuminate the inner landscape and project it to the world, so that beauty connects us with its care and its powerful healing force.
In the different projects she is intertwining this gaze. Her work is completed, merges, transcends, transmutes into the other.
I was born in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1958. My passion for nature led me to study biology at the University of Buenos Aires where I received a degree in biology in 1983.
As a biologist, I have always been interested in the links and interaction between natural systems and the human being, where nature and the social system establish boundaries in which situations of intense complexity occur. One day I discovered that I could register these processes in images, and so very slowly I began to immerse myself in the world of photography.
Therefore, like life, this adventure is a process in permanent construction, this is just a moment ...
- Art and Sustainability - Edition VI. Praxis Art Gallery. CABA, Argentina, 2019
- Transmigrate in the times. Honorable City Council of San Isidro - Espacio de Encuentro. San Isidro, Argentina 2019
- Transmigrate in the times. The night of the museums, 15 years. Dante Alighieri Association of Buenos Aires, CABA, Argentina, 2018
- Exhibit at the National Salon of Visual Arts. Córdoba, Argentina 2016
- Traces of unreality. Festival of Light, El Cultural San Martín. Buenos Aires, Argentina 2016
- Silent witness. Venue: Alianza Francesa, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2016.
- Infinite Red dot. Curator Fabiana Barreda. CABA. Argentina 2015.
- The only permanent thing is the change. At the Festival of Light. Neuquén, Argentina, 2014.
- The Heartbeat of the City, Santa Fe, Argentina. 2013.
- Transformations. Photo gallery Guidotti, Santa Fe, Argentina .2012
- Two Generations. Venue: Del Jardín, Buenos Aires, Argentina 2011.
- Arteles Catalogue 2018-2015 (Pompi Caputo, Back to Basics program, september 2018). https://www.arteles.org/artists_projects.html
- Times of sand, authors book, 200 numbered and signed copies. La Luminosa ediciones, September 2018
- "Silent witness, vigilant of time and space" in Traces of unreality, XIX Open Encounters, Festival of Light 2016
- "The only permanent thing is change" in Horizons, Open Encounters, 25 Years, Festival of Light 2014
- Artistic residence in La Flecha del Arte: Expansión. Captain Sarmiento, Buenos Aires, Argentina. January 2019
- Artistic residency at Arteles Creative Center "Back to Basics", Finland, September 2018. . https://www.arteles.org/artists_projects.html
- Artistic residence in La Flecha del Arte: Maps. Captain Sarmiento, Buenos Aires, Argentina. August 2018
Calls and Awards
- Selected in the Call for plastic and visual artists HCD San Isidro to exhibit in 2019. Argentina
- Selected to participate in Arteles Creative Center residency program 2018: "Back to Basics" during the month of September. Finland
- Selected in the 105th edition of the National Salon of Visual Arts, Photography. Argentina, 2016
- Winner in the Contest of Visual Arts 2016 - Alianza Francesa. Argentina.2016
- Imaginary Project, platform for studying the image.
- Argentine School of Photography.
- Work art clinic and workshops with, Margarita García Faure, Fabiana Barreda, Adriana Lestido, Julieta Escardó, Luis González Palma and Vera Somlo
- Degree in Biological Sciences, Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires - UBA -. 1983
- Postgraduate courses in Ecological Watershed Management; Latin American rural sociology; Development and environment in arid and semi-arid zones; Agroecology and environment; Introduction to knowledge of the atmosphere and global change; Environmental Management Program